OV7670 camera

toserfal

Hello,
I'm a High School Teacher and I've done a few robots with Picaxe. I would like to know if it's possible to connect a OV7670 camera to the robot, and if somebody has information about how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance

Tomas

rossko57

I'm sure you can connect it to some robot, but the important thing would be what you are expecting to do with the image data? A Picaxe would not be suitable for image capture or processing.

Buzby

Those serial cameras need far more processing power than a PICAXE can provide, so that idea is a non-starter.

However, somewhere on the net ( maybe even in this forum ) there is a camera which is ideal for robots, and easily interfaces to PICAXE.

The camera contains a processor running on-board image recognition, and the serial line just provides simple X,Y co-ordinates of the target objects it can currently see. It is pre-programmed to recognise a few colours and shapes, such as 'green ball', 'yellow square', etc.

A PICAXE controlled robot could easily process this co-ordinate based information, and perform logic like 'Turn Left until Green Ball in centre of view'.

This is a piece of kit I'd like to try, but I can't find the link !. ( Had major browser crash, and lost all bookmarks and history !. )

If anyone knows of this camera I'd be grateful for a link.

Cheers,

Buzby

Buzby

Hi Jim,

Thanks for that, it's exactly what I was looking for.

Merry Christmas,

Buzby