No Data in Debug Window....

jsmanson

I'm using a 40x2 in the programing Editor. Sometimes I notice that data will not populate in the debug window - even with substantial pauses placed in the program code. Is there a way to coax the data out into the debug window?? The pins window seems to work fine, just sometimes I have all zero's in the variable's window.

John

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It should be 'all or nothing'. Check you have the latest Programming Editor (5.2.7) and maybe post some code which demonstrates the problem. Is it happening frequently or rarely ? We would need to investigate if it's an issue with the 40X2, Programming Editor, something else or a combination of things.

A workround may be to use SERTXD and view the data you are interested in on the Terminal display.

The following test code seems to work for me, incrementing all byte variables -

#Picaxe 40X2
For bptr = 0 To 55
@bptr = bptr
Next
Do
For bptr = 0 To 55
inc @bptr
Next
Debug
Pause 500
Loop

Andrew Cowan

Are you operating the chip at an odd frequency? For some chips (not sure about the 40X2) ou need to specify the speed the chip is running at. I take it that you have no problems downloading programs?

A

I had this problem with 8M, and it seemed to occur bec I used output 0, which is used for shifting serial data back to the pc, and left it high. The fix appeared to be inserting LOW 0 bef the DEBUG cmd... Could this be it even for you?

Rolfi