newbee needs a little help

I am a beginner working on a a simple project using a 08m and would like to program the 08m picaxe to play a bird chirping sound. I have searched for a bird chirp tune that I could put it into the chip, but with no success. Would like to know if anyone out there has a realistic bird tune of a bird chirping, or where I could down load one ???

inglewoodpete

Bird chirp sounds might be a little difficult with a PICAXE. The PICAXE is limited to "monophonic" sounds created by a series of beeps. The bird chirps are more polyphonic: a mixture of tones, gliding in pitch.

I suggest you start by using the sound-generation commands that are available (Play and Tune come to mind). Experimenting is a great way to learn and develop an understanding of the PICAXE microcontroller.

westaust55

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Additionally to IWP's advise, If you can find a suitable monophonic mobile phone ringtone in the RTTL format there is a wizard in the Programming editor which will convert the ringtone to PiCAXE tune data you can cut/paste into your program.

Keep in mind that the older 08M only has 255 bytes if program space so your will not be able to have a particularly extensive program. That said folks here have done some amazing projects with the earlier "M" series chips and 255 bytes of program space before the "M2" parts arrived on the scene.