Newb - simulator variables not incrementing

rbwilliams

Hello,
I have been trying out Logicator, and I got a simple COUNT program to run. I can see my A variable increment in realtime. Nice.
I paste the generated BASIC code into PICAXE Editor, and the simulator DOES NOT show the variable A incrementing.

If I replace COUNT with Settimer, and look at Timer1 in the Simulator window, it increments.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Roger

rbwilliams

I am replying to my own message here.

I have been reading more threads about 'COUNT' and the simulator.

What I was counting in Logicator was my mouse clicks on the input pin.

Likewise, this seems to work with external SETTIMER, where Timer1 SFR increments with each mouse click.

But, COUNT does not do this. Why is that?

Thanks.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Count takes the value in the 'generic' number box (on the chip simulation panel) in programming editor. Pre-load this with the value you want 'count' to have.

This is because count is usually used for rapid transitions, where the value in real life may be several hundred or so. This would make your mouse finger hurt whilst simulating this type of program!!!

rbwilliams

I appreciate the response!

Two things:

1) If I were to program the picaxe with COUNT in this way (wiring a momentary switch to a pin), would Debug show the variable accumulating?

2) I would like to see a byte accumulate with every click of my mouse on a pin in the SImulator. Is there better code that will work in the simulator to do this, instead of the COUNT command?

Thanks again for the response!