Muscle Sensor with 18m2

skatt

I used an 18m2 with simple code to process the information from my EMG sensor. Works with any reliable RF link (I used the Picaxe ERF boards, which are power hungry but work without fail)to operate Robotics, motors and the sensor can be attached anywhere on the body. I am in the process of setting up a blog with more ideas, codes for Picaxe ,photos etc.

Last edited:

MPep

Having watched the video, I don't understand what you are trying to show us.
What is an EMG sensor?

Would you please elaborate as to the purpose of this project?

skatt

Having watched the video, I don't understand what you are trying to show us.
What is an EMG sensor?

Would you please elaborate as to the purpose of this project?
EMG stands for Electromyograph which are the voltages generated from the neuromuscular system when a muscle contracts. The harder a muscle contracts, the higher the amplitude and frequencies generated by the muscles. An EMG picks up these voltages much in the way of an ECG machine picking up the heart rate wave forms. Just by using the contraction of your muscles you can control anything you choose. Depending how you set up the ADC on the Picaxe,you can have different ranges to perform different functions. An easy example is,you control the speed of a motor by varying how hard you contract the muscle.
What you are seeing in the video, is the Biofeedback from the muscle using a range of 5 LED's to indicate the levels of the contraction.The buzzer at the beginning is when the unit begins to pick up the generated voltages.
You can see what can be done using this technology here. They have included axis sensors into their arm band to monitor movement as well.
Biofeedback is the world fastest growing technology.

Last edited:

MPep

Many thanks for your answer. That makes a lot of sense. Very interesting.Well done on your project.
Biofeedback is the world fastest growing technology.
I don't doubt it at all.

EDIT: I was not doubting the success of your project, just didn't understand what it was about. Never heard of EMG!
;)