Multiway Jumper, Shunt, Busbar

StigOfTheDump

Hi

I am looking for some multiway jumper links.

Working with the AXE405 board I have multiple tracks I want to join together. For inputs I can use SIL resistor arrays, but for outputs I want something that will carry a bit more current. I am sure I have seen things that resemble a comb in the past but cannot find them on any of the UK suppliers websites.

A better solution for me would be multiway jumpers like the CON034 which could be fitted to headers with un-needed pins removed.

Anybody any ideas?

Stig

SAborn

Considering any standard headder pin will handle a amp or 2 with ease, and a picaxe output is limited to 20ma i dont see what your problem is.

Paix

A pin header block and wire wrap wire to connect the wanted pins. Not properly wrapped of course.

StigOfTheDump

Sadly none of those Eclectic.

What I need is something like the CON034 but 10 holes long by one hole wide with all terminals joined together. I want to run several relays off a UNL2803 which conveniently has its 0v connection nowhere near anything useful. I linked some of the 3 section blocks together to get there but it is not very pretty. I could wire wrap a 10 pin header together but would just prefer to buy something suitable.

SAborn

Why not quote what sort of amps you want the terminals to handle then we know what to recommend for the application.
There is 100's/1000's of terminals available but without knowing what the current needs are its hit and miss.

StigOfTheDump

Just a couple of amps. Really just looking for an easy way do multiple wire links. I could cut some veroboard one strip wide and solder it to header pins, but thought there must be a readymade solution.

westaust55

Also at Tech Supplies:
http://www.techsupplies.co.uk/epages/Store.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.TechSupplies/Products/jumpermaster/SubProducts/CON037
Header pins for up to 10 way lengths though it is available elsewhere in up to 40 way/pin lengths.
Pull out the pins not required and solder a wire connector across the top.

NOTE:
typically header pins and sockets are rated at 1 Amp per pin.

Gold plated contacts 2.54mm spacing. 5mm high.

Specifications
Contact Resistance: 30M Ohm max @ 100mA DC
Insulator Resistance: 1000M Ohm @ 250V DC
Current Rating: 1 A
Dielectric Voltage: 500V AC for 1 min.
Operating Temperature: -50º to +105º C

SAborn

NOTE:
typically header pins and sockets are rated at 1 Amp per pin.
Hummm, partly true, i dont agree the pin itself is limited to 1 amp and it will handle many amps, but the socket and connection method is limited to 1 amp per pin, so to double up and use a 2 row header boosts the rating quickly.

From what i gathered the OP wanted to just use the pins and not the sockets so several amps per pin could be expected.

The other option is to use some PCB mount screw terminal blocks.