micro servo

srnet

I have a bit of string on the bench in front of me.

How much weight can it lift, before the string snaps ?

Depends on the string of course.

So what you mean by a 'micro servo', they vary a lot.

What are the details\specification of the servo ?

g6ejd

A typical stall torque for a micro servo is 1.6kg/cm, so with a 1cm arm, the servo will stall!!! But, that does not mean it can lift 1.6Kg.

Typical arms are a little longer than that at 1.5cm so reducing the stall torque to ~1Kg, the problem is no-one ever specifies lifting capability as there are too many variables to give an accurate figure.

My estimate is a bout 200-300grams, but not much more.

Last edited:

g6ejd

I've got a Hitec HS85BB metal geared Micro Servo here and it's 29mm x 13mm x 30mm.

I've got a Turnigy that measures: 26mm x 13mm x 24mm and that's even smaller, but marked a Micro.

westaust55

Hi. Can i use micro servo at robotic arms? How much waight they can lift?
@Shah,

you must learn to provide sufficient information for folks here to make informed decisions and help you.
That way you will receive a response closely matching you requirements qquickly.

In the current case, we need the make and model and preferably the link to the website and/or datasheet for the item in question (the servo) so we can see the Nm rating.

In simple terms, Nm is how much force (newtons = N) can be exerted at a distance (in meters = m)
Then Newtons is in effect kg * force of gravity.

So take the Nm value, divide by the distance from the shaft to the weight in metres (1 m = 1000 mm)
Then divide the N by 9.81 and you get kilogrammes (kg)