May I ? Some advice to noobs

manie

Allow me, please ! I'm a novice in MANY ways myself ! However, I've learnt that ALL answers to questions here has a LOT of value. Sometimes you also have to read between the lines.... and remember, thses guys have answered your problem question probably a thousand times already. I tip my hat to them....;)

Then there is the reading part.

You are NOT going to learn ANYTHING, unless you are prepared to put the effort in yourself...:( believe me ! If you have access to this forum you have internet. Use Google. Get the datasheet. Read it, then if you do not understand the terms etc, ask here, AT LEAST it shows you have put SOME effort :eek: into it already. Then you may just get the answer that seems so elusive...

At least, thats what I did, and my question rate has dropped dramatically already. Try it guys, it works........

Rickharris

I see, your trying to put us out of a job. :)

Very good advice, I doubt many will heed it though. Ask is soooo much easier then pounding your own brain.

tiscando

You're right.
Often works for me as well.

Last time, in picaxe VSM, I had strange faults with long X1 part programs and I reported them to the forum, posting the full code. It seems that the moderator does not want to look through the whole program, preffering a shorter version of the program, but I had to post the full program as the problem seems to be address-dependant, and modifying any part of the program changes the symptoms. So I tried more times to state the problem, and that didn't work much.

After yet another time of no replying, I saw a pattern/correlation/constant with the problem, and instead of posting another full program (as I can't provide a shorter version of the program due to the nature of the problem), I created a clear ascii table which shows small parts of many long programs that have that kind of fault in them like this: The line of code that has a symptom; which address the symptoms occur; an explanation of the symptoms. Here, the adresses I mention are near $4000, which should catch the moderator's eye, and realize that it is something to do with the program adressing.

This is an example of giving the moderator a wider range of clearly organised data which identifies the fault, so there is a better chance of
the fault getting fixed.

Looking at the end of the so many axevsm errors thread, is this really enough?

Last edited: