Line Tracker Board

pkf

Hi, I am referring to the line tracker module. On page 11, there is a picture of the module, and it says
"Ensure the Line Tracker module is the correct way up and fit one of the brics to the top of circuit board."
The board in the manual didn't have the same look from the one I received.

Please advise which way the correct way up for my board is.
The board I received has a different look from the diagram with one side labelled 'Line Tracker'
With Line Tracker Label.jpg

and the other side unlabelled.
Without Line Tracker Label.jpg

Jeremy Harris

Isn't this very clear from looking at the sensor? Clearly they have to point lens-side down, otherwise they won't see the line, so even without glancing at the manual it seems clear that this unit is mounted with the lens side down (component side up). Also, these modules all seem very clearly marked with the positive connection being red and the negative being black, so if you stick to connecting "red to red" and "black to black" then things are going to be connected the right way around.

pkf

I am new to all these gadgets and components so what may appear obvious to you, isn't for me. But I will bear your explanations in mind.

westaust55

Your second/bottom pic is similar to the image on page http://www.picaxe.com/docs/bot120.pdf

Albeit that your second photo shows three resistor (?) towards the bottom edge.
The electrical connection posts are mounted on the component side and the board from the manual (per above link) is suspended under the main board by bolts into the electrical connection posts.