LCD display replacement

chizom3

Hi guys, can i use any 16x2 replacement LCD display? At the moment i have AXE133 but it got damage, so am wondering if i can use any other 16x2 lcd

inglewoodpete

Most 16x2 LCDs use the same control lines and commands. However, the order and/or configuration of the LCD module's I/O pins can vary from model to model.

Most sites that are selling LCD modules also provide data sheets for their LCDs. Download the data sheet of what you are considering and compare the pin layout with your own LCD.

Most 16x2 LCDs use the same control lines and commands. However, the order and/or configuration of the LCD module's I/O pins can vary from model to model.

Most sites that are selling LCD modules also provide data sheets for their LCDs. Download the data sheet of what you are considering and compare the pin layout with your own LCD.
"So far I can say the axe033y oled display is bout as rugged as they get.....the resonator tuning is so far flawless... i would suggest sticking with picaxe supplies...with picaxe. theres different size displays at robotmesh.com but the internal commands that your gonna learn for one prolly aint gonna match all of em...and myself i'm lazy so...... KISS ya know

john2051

Hi, from experience, if you want an easy direct replacement, get it from rev ed. There are several different pinouts on
the lcds usually the backlight pins.
john