Latest PICAXE Manuals

westaust55

Maybe I missed an announcement in recent weeks while busy with PEBBLE coding but tonight spied that in June 2009, the PICAXE manual part 2 was updated to Rev 6.9.

SilentScreamer

Thanks for putting this, I always miss updates because I don't notice the changes. Is is possible for technical or hippy to inform us of updates?

westaust55

Even flagging on the Rev Ed website page the revision and /or release date for the current manual parts would be good.

It was only by virtue of spotting that the Programming Editor had been updated on 19th June taht I looked at the manuals. One has to download the manuals and check the page footer to find out if there is an update.

Peter M

Thanks westaust55, I thought these were only updated with each prog editor update.

MartinM57, yes great idea, as I'm one that only logs on from time to time I miss a lot of these things.

Or perhaps a screen that your directed to with "what's new" when you log on, only when there's something new/unread. (and maybe I'm dreamin')

Dippy

Good ideas. I hope they are considered.

On a few other Forums I occasionally look at there are 'Announcements' section.

Even better would be (if possible) a cookie-based thing that if there was a new Data Sheet since your last visit a little poppy-uppy appeared. (User switch-offable of course).

Could be extended to New-Product and Product-launched. It's a pity it'll never happen ;)

BCJKiwi

This Q and related suggestions have been made a number of times before.

I just hope Rev-Ed finally do something to assist this time around!

Dippy

Haha. So true BCJ.

Then it joins those other 'Sunspot' threads including Driving MOSFETs, Car Power Supply and PIC vs PICAXE :)