Keypad Code (HELP)

garra5557

Hello, i am an newbie to the PICAXE and programming (i have basic knowledge of BASIC software programming)
anyway i need hep as i wish to build an alarm with a Keypad. I can not find code anywhere that i understand i have a 4x3 matrix keypad and wish to enable and disable a system with a 4 digit code. Any help is muchly appreciate thank you.

I have used the basic code off PiCAXE as a referance but i am unable to get the code working any suggestions/help would be muchly appreciated

premelec

Hi - welcome to this forum - keypad reading has been discussed in many threads in this forum - try the "advanced search" function when you are logged in. There are methods for absolute key detection which exclude double keys and simpler single READADC one line methods which use a resistor network on the key switches. You'll have to write program to read one press at a time and then interpret it etc... let us know if you don't find what you need in the search... perhaps give us more information on how much electronics and programming experience you have...