Just Recognition

manie

I simply want to say THANKS to a few names on the forum. In various ways they have assisted me in understanding

1 Hardware used (various)
2 Software (Basic)
3 Bits/Bytes/Words (BCD/ASCII etc)
4 Memory and Registers etc.

In no way a total and complete list of help received, but MUCH appreciated guidance when at times one feels lost.... at 63, I'm "back to school" and enjoying lessons from these teachers. Your selfless sacrifice of time is appreciated guys/gals.

BeanniBots, Westaust55, Hippy, Dippy, Manuka, AndrewCowan, Dr.Acula, BCJkiwi, JeremyLeach, Kevrus, Ibenson, Technical
Anyone left out, I still value your input.
Manie

manuka

Registers/BCD/software/63 = you're ahead of me on all counts! Happy to help, although I'm sure Dippy will join me in saying "thirsty work". Naturally we eagerly await your wireless chook house results.

Thought: AS this forum largely works on a "social contract" basis, feel free to give back YOUR insights to the next batch of newbies. Stan in NZ

Dippy

Thirsty work.

Yeah, your turn to help others soon Manie ;)
We're all too old to keep going much longer....

manuka

I'm of British stock,so will translate Dippy's & BB's modest replies as actually meaning " ta-another pint & bag of crisps would go down a treat".

moxhamj

If it helps getting another picaxe project working then any help given is most worthwhile. This could turn into some sort of drinking game. Every time someone says "thanks for the help" you have to down tools and head off to the pub. Or maybe even leave out the "thanks for the help" bit and just go to the pub anyway...

kevrus

hic....I second what the good Dr says. How about inc b0 every time one downs a pint...first to 255 wins

BeanieBots

While Andrew waits for b0=256, I'm off down the pub.
Never mind Andrew, we'll come and rescue you in 2 years time and bring you a pint.

manie

Well if thats what ONE "thanks" note brings.................... then
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS
and Thanks^10 !!!!!!!!!
Jolly gjoodt doun bi the p(hic)ub.......

manie

Well in sincerity, what a pleasure ! Most South Africans are rather well mannered (I think.....)