Is Serial RF universal?

George Sephton

Hi All,
I've been looking intently into buying the Quasar TX1 and RX2 but buying them is proving difficult. I can get a TX1 very cheap from ebay but the minimum order on quasar is £20 and im not buying enough on farnell to want to pay such posting costs.
So does anyone know either where else I can buy these, or if different 433MHz receiver could be suitable replacements or would Quasar Modules only work with other Quasar modules...
Thanks,
George S.

eclectic

I meant the £5 farnell shipping costs, I'm happy with the ebay prices.

@eclectic: Yes the TX1 and the TX4 is alright but I've seen it cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks for the replies tho.
George.
I must admit that I'm confused.

RX2 ?
"I've seen it (them??) cheaper elsewhere ...."

What exactly are you looking for?

e

russbow

Maplin do a TX / RX pair for less than a tenner. Bought them a couple of weeks ago but not had time to play. They are AM on 433Mhz. Worth a look.

George Sephton

No just the RX4 is expensive, The RX2 is a lot cheaper but is the only other one not on ebay, I have seen the ones in Maplin, just that the cost of 2xTX1 and 2xRX2 is around a tenner and I need 2 sets. But I just needed to know if I could use another 433MHz AM Receiver to replace the RX2 I can't get hold of.
Thanks.

manuka

George: Start really SIMPLY with wireless data! Forum postings show frustrations may otherwise abound.

In my experiences AM 433 MHz sets are indeed interchangable, but ensure you don't mix in a FM one. At the right places barebones (& perhaps a tad deaf) 433MHz Tx & Rx AM offerings can be picked up here in NZ for ~US$3 each. Stan.

Last edited:

George Sephton

ok i've followed everyone's advice and bought the tx1 and rx4. Despite the costs but it's the easiest solution when starting something new. So thanks for everyones advice.
George.