IRin & IRout but not mode 1 (Sony protocol ?)

colinsmurph

Hi guys n galls.
I wanted to run some 38khz Ir coms between two picaxes or even from the same one (pretty sure due to timing the latter is a none starter.

But does anyone know if they can talk not in mode 1?

I have tried 18m2 TX and 28x2 RX
TX sends one of 6 numbers too one of 6 ir emitter arrays.
The RX has 3 38khz sensors and basically works out its proximity too each of the 6 arrays by how many sensors can see that unique code.

I want to avoid interference with other tvs in room. So would like to use different mode. Tried mode 2 wouldn't talk.

inglewoodpete

You're correct: while IROut can output to several (Sony) device prefixes, IRIn is limited to the Sony TV 'device' prefix. Refer to the on-line IRIn command description.

I have written receiver code for the 32-bit NEC protocol but have no experience with "long-hand" reception of Sony codes on a PICAXE. When I did my development work with IR reception I had a Sony TV, which killed off any thought of using the IRIn command. While my code could be adapted to the 12-bit Sony protocol, you would need an oscilloscope and lots of development time.

However, others have written PICAXE code to receive other Sony device commands. Have a search of the forum: that's what I would do.