iPhone as a Scope

fritz42_male

Hi, I'm looking at the possibility of using an iPhone as a scope. There is plenty of software out there to do this but only one company seems to produce a probe for it (http://hmb-tec.de/HMB-TEC/Scope_Cable.html)

Has anyone here got any experience in building scope probes? I understand the iPhone needs a particular configuration on the audio input cable (capacitor for knocking off the Electret supply and a specific input resistance) but also not sure what I need on the probe end to give me a 5V in capability (1:10?).

I know it isn't strictly Picaxe related but such a scope would be quite handy for fault finding some simple Picaxe circuits.

Cheers

Mike

fritz42_male

Thanks both but not quite what I was after. I know of the DSO Nano and recently missed the Quad in a bidding war on eBay. I also have a couple of Xprotolabs with dual input and sig gen

I'm looking for specifics on building a probe for an iPhone/touch/pad. You can pick up ITouch units cheap so if I can sort out a probe, it's a good multifunction alternative to a Dso Nano

Might have to buy that German unit and disassemble.