Inverting XRF signal

skatt

Hi,

Is it possible to invert the XRF signal using the radio wizard,as I would like to use it with an AXE133Y?
Thanks.

westaust55

In the absence of clear information about how the parts will be connected together

From XRF module into PICAXE:
serin C.7, T2400, ($55,$55),b0, b1

From PICAXE to LCD
serout C.6, N2400, (#b0, " ", #b1 )

skatt

In the absence of clear information about how the parts will be connected together

From XRF module into PICAXE:
serin C.7, T2400, ($55,$55),b0, b1

From PICAXE to LCD
serout C.6, N2400, (#b0, " ", #b1 )
Thanks Westy

Apologies, should have said it will be via a pair of 18m2's.
But thats great.

nick12ab

Absolutely right.

The OP does say he wants to use the XRF module with the AXE133 in which case the parallel interface will be used.

ADDED: The OP has stated that it will now be via a pair of 18M2s. Still too vague - how are these connected? Is the 18M2 on the AXE133 PCB being counted or is that in addition to these?

skatt

My original question was as to whether the Picaxe radio wizard can be used to invert the XRF signal. I did not mention which Picaxe I was using, as it was secondary to the info I required. If the Wizard is unable to make the XRF idle low, I will use the Picaxes for inversion or purchase a couple more ERF modules.
Appreciate the replies.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I don't believe the XRF can have its polarity inverted.

Rather than invert the XRF polarity it should be possible to alter the PICAXE receiving polarity to match that of the XRF, and that also applies to the AXE133Y which uses a PICAXE to interface to the OLED module.

ValueAdd

The OP does say he wants to use the XRF module with the AXE133 in which case the parallel interface will be used.
How is a parallel interface helpful or capable of being implimented?
From my understanding, the XRF module (mentioned at post 1) output is a serial signal at a default of 9600 baud but from example on the picaxe website other baud rates are possible - the XRF module data is typically read using the SERIN command.

The AXE133 LCD mentioned at post 1 is designed with a serial interface to match with the SEROUT command.

There is seemingly no need or opportunity or for parallel LCD interfacing.

nick12ab

How is a parallel interface helpful or capable of being implimented?
From my understanding, the XRF module (mentioned at post 1) output is a serial signal at a default of 9600 baud but from example on the picaxe website other baud rates are possible - the XRF module data is typically read using the SERIN command.
This would have only applied if the OP was using the XRF module connected directly to the PICAXE-18M2 on the AXE133 and the OP needed to process whatever data was received.