Install trouble PE6 on new windows 11

cpedw

When I run the installer, it pauses to ask permission to install .NET (which I think is there already) then after clicking OK, the wizard comes back to say it was interrupted and is stopping. What should I do to get it to continue?

PhilHornby

I just tried this is in a Virtual machine (I've not really bitten the bullet with Windows 11 yet...)

The older version of .NET doesn't seem to be installed by default (and previously we ascertained that .NET programs use the version they were built to run against, rather than the latest).

(followed by the Picaxe Editor installer aborting).

Rather than searching for said 'free download', I enabled ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" in Control Panel:-

and that did the trick (y)

vernon

my new windows machine just upgraded to win11 on updates and although I have enable net3.5 i stil get the Syncfusion error.
Any views.

vernon

on tring to load the program I get Error 1310 Error writing to file: Syncfusion.Shared.base.dll. verify you have access to that directory.
I have downloaded .Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net2.0 and 3.0) and ticked the box in windows features but still will not complete the installation.

vernon

Of course. Forgot all about running as administrator. Concentrating on getting to grips with Win11.
Thanks