In need of help with the ALFAT-SD from GHI

johnmobley

I was needing a solution where I could datalog some information to an SD card from my PICAXE project and ran across an old thread entitled "Datalogging with uALFAT and Hi2c". I thought that this would be the best way to go but found that they no longer supported the uALFAT-TF. So I went ahead and bought the ALFAT-SD instead.

I am now having issues getting it to work right.

My first issue is that it seems that the newer ALFAT-SD does not have a "DATARDY" pin so I am not sure how to monitor if there is data to be read.

My second issue is that I seem to be having an issue with the startup of the ALFAT-SD. Through some goofing around trying to get my circuit to work properly I found that I am getting data/communications from the ALFAT-SD. Everytime I press the reset button on the PICAXE it re-runs the beginning of the program and I get the next letter waiting from the card. I have found that it is spelling out "GHI Electronics". It appears to be some sort of startup/splash screen. I can not seem to get it to get out of that mode and be able to actually use it.

Does anyone know how I can get around these issues?