ic18f4520 qfn package help

Phaldela

Hi I am new to this can you help in reading a programmed chip in a circuit board ic18f4520 qfn package its the square chip. I downloaded the software on the picaxe site I have the cable to read and write.i just need to know pin readout from the pic 18f4520 to wire the program cable to enable me to read or write. I cant find the chip in the programming list. any help would much be appreciated.

With kind regards

Dee

inglewoodpete

Hi Phaldela, While I can welcome you to the PICAXE, unfortunately forum members won't be able to help you much.

This forum is for PICAXE support: Revolution Education developed the PICAXE on-chip BASIC interpreter and markets these chips, providing the programming editor for users to develop and download their code to PICAXE chips.

PICAXE chips use some of Microchip's range of PICs as their "raw material". The PICAXE 40X2-5V was an early form of the 40X2 chip, built on the 18F4520, although I'm not aware if it being provided in a QFN package. It is quite passible that you have a raw PIC rather than one programmed with the PICAXE interpreter. This Webpage is a good place to start.

Phaldela

Thank you for your kind response. The chip is on a circuit board and programmed and I need to alter parameters in the chip hence me searching for some help to read and change parameters .

With kind regards

Dee

inglewoodpete

If the chip is a PICAXE, you will not be able to access the program or data stored on it. You need to have the original source code, alter it if required, and download it to the chip.