I am so Jacked!!!!

Rbeckett

Assembled my first on board power supply from a Spark Fun kit today (PRT-00114), and the darn thing worked on the first try. Found the 4.94 and 3.29V first try, and all of the switches and LED's worked perfectly. It's a mini regulated 5V board for powering TTL +5 volts onto the breadboard. I am so jacked, it worked!!!!!! Simple things for simple minds....
Bob

inglewoodpete

jacked [jakt]

adjective Slang .
very stimulated and excited, as from coffee, drugs or successful construction of an electronic circuit.

Thanks for the new word for me. I'll be able to use it when I'm in your part of the world:)

Rbeckett

jacked [jakt]

adjective Slang .
very stimulated and excited, as from coffee, drugs or successful construction of an electronic circuit.

Thanks for the new word for me. I'll be able to use it when I'm in your part of the world:)
Well come on down, Fl is a great place. No snow, just oily beaches right now. I think I suffer from all of the above, Pain meds, Cafeine, and a sucessful project. Now just gotta figure out the Elenco Power supply kit non-working issues and I'll be battin' a thou!!!! Baby steps, but at least I understand the circuit enough to begin trouble shooting now. Thanks
Bob

Dippy

Phew! That was close.
"Jacked Off" and in UK slang means something different....

Anyway, I'm glad you got your circuit working - it's good for the ego and pride :)

John West

We often use "up," "off," and "around," and sometimes "over." All very different connotations of "jacked."

As for everything working correctly the first time - congrats. I tend to do things more sloppily in order that I may spend many long hours attempting to figure out what I did wrong. It's just my way.

premelec

John W - surely you jest! My family motto was / is:
"Stop and think... Isn't there a harder way...?" :)