Help with motor controll

JTepper

Hi, first of all im new to this forum thing so be nice. I'm working on a radio controlll buggy project, where 2 motors are used for propulsion and steering in a one goes faster than the other type fassion. However at the mment i am only able to turn them on and off, as the 14m only has one pwm output, but desire to get them going in a proportional type fassion, i've been playing around with the hpwm command and a breadboard but cannot seem to get it working and are somwhat confused as to how hpwm physically works (as in the relationship between the pins ABCD). Any help would be appreciated.

Rickharris

Hi, first of all im new to this forum thing so be nice.
We are always nice :) - OK almost always!

Unless your buggy is going very fast, or you require ultra precise control of the steering e.g. a line follower just on and off should be fine.

Don't let me put you off experimenting with PWM speed control though. If you are using an H bridge (I guess you are - then a PWM signal can be applied to the Hbridge
I'm working on a radio controlll buggy project, where 2 motors are used for propulsion and steering in a one goes faster than the other type fassion. However at the mment i am only able to turn them on and off, as the 14m only has one pwm output, but desire to get them going in a proportional type fassion, i've been playing around with the hpwm command and a breadboard but cannot seem to get it working and are somwhat confused as to how hpwm physically works (as in the relationship between the pins ABCD). Any help would be appreciated.
The 14M has potentially 4 HPWM outputs on leg 5,6,7, and leg 8 see getting started manual appendix C for how to use them.

JTepper

I'm actually using pulsin from a rc reciever, and it does go pretty fast so i think pwm is pretty neccessary, when i say i'm unclear on what the pins do i mean in reference to the HHLL, HHHH ect stuff that is mentioned in the manuel, and im not sure about the half mode and full mode stuff either. A quick scematic on how to connect the h-bridge to the output pins and some example code would be really helpfull