Help with Data Vision DG 16032 GLCD

noelnelson

Does anyone have any hints on code to operate a Data Vision DG 16032 GLCD. (160 column x 32 row)
Have tried various code examples from this forum but cant find anything to even make a single pixel light
I'm using a 28X2, parallel connecting the Picaxe B ports to display data ports, and Picaxe C ports to AO, RD & RW,
I have found two conflicting pinouts in the various datasheets I have found on line, but have tried both options with no joy. (I have several GLCD displays to play with so can rule out damage to the unit)

westaust55

Can you please post a link to the datasheet for the overall display and also the controller chip rather than others having to search for the datasheets.

noelnelson

http://www.datavision.com.tw/en/lcm_02_1.php?P_Id=36
has the right pin out and dimension, but no datasheet
I cant find anything more useful from the datavision web site
Tracing the pins on the pcb, including the common Vss and a permanent 5V connection (via 100 ohm resistor) to the backlight, verifys to me that this is the correct pinout.

http://www.grix.it/UserFiles/giovannino76/DG-16032-2-S1RT-H.PDF
has the right part number for my displays and seems to have all the data, but the pinouts differ! Including different pins for Vdd and Vss.

cheers
Noel

nick12ab

The -2-S1RT-H part is also important. There will be multiple Data Vision displays that are the same resolution but have different pinouts. What is the entire product code of your GLCD?

noelnelson

Showing my ignorance! I thought there would be some standardisation, yeah right (as we say in NZ)
Anyway, it is DG16032 S1FBLY-H. (A bit different to the datasheet I found, maybe the critical error)
it then has
325-23241-1003
511-20050603009

this is all a sticker on the back of the chip.

There is also P158-3 PHICO D-0 screen printed on the PCB

nick12ab

On the Data International Co.,Ltd website, the pin assignment for the DG-16032 shows 18 pins but the drawing shows 16 pins.

How many pins does your module have? Does it look the same as this? Can you look carefully at the panel to confirm if it is a graphic display or a character display.

noelnelson

well spotted. Another contradiction!
Mine is definitely 18 pin. And the Vdd is definitely on pin 6 with Vss on pin7. Dimensions are also as per the Datavision drawing.

It looks much the same as that e-Bay device, except for the 18 pins.

According to other info I have found 'DG' signifies a Graphics display, a character display would be 'DV'
S1 = PCB version
F = Backlight type - CCFL White
B = LCD Mode - TN Positive gray
L = LCD Polarizer type - transmissive WT 12:00
y = ?
H = ?

I found this info from a different manufactureres page, and they dont quite relate to my Datavision device, but the first part (DG16032) tells me its Graphic.

They might be from a bad manufacturing run? Maybe thats why I got them cheap. (I have 30 of them)
thus I would love to be able to make something work.

cheers

noel