Help Needed - SRF05 on AXE118

Robo_Maker

Hi all,

I am trying to create my own robot based on AXE118 project board using SRF05 ultrasonic range finder.
I managed to connect the SRF05 to microbot B120 and it works very well. However, I am not successful in connecting the same SRF05 to AXE118 board.
The only difference I spotted in 2 schemas is that B120 is using R220 on I/O to the microprocessor, while AXE118 has some resistors array.

Also, I connected LK1 on AXE118 and tried both RPU and RPD positions on AXE118 with no luck. I debug with the serial cable and buzzer (on B.1 on AXE118 ).

Please see both of my wirings on attached pictures:

pic1. Not successful to AXE118 - I connected to the same C.1 and C.2 as on B120 to use the same code
pic2 Successful to B120

This is the code I used for both units:

Code:
#terminal 9600
main:
pause 100
	pulsout C.1, 2
	pulsin C.2, 1, w0

w1 = w0 * 5 / 58 ; Convert to cm
	w2 = w0 * 5 / 148 ; Convert to inches

sertxd("Distance is ", #w1, "cm",CR,LF)
	sertxd("Distance is ", #w2, "inch",CR,LF)

if w1 < 20 then
		sound B.2,(50,100,100,100)
	end if	
goto main
Your advice is very needed!!!
Best Regards,

Attachments

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
AXE118 has 10k pull down resistors on the pins you are trying to use.

So use C.0 for the input (currently on C.2) and do not fit either RDP or RPU.

Robo_Maker

Thank you, it works perfectly on my AXE50 Tutorial board, so I will continue using it and will definitely publish the results once they are ready.

Regarding AXE118 - I removed RDP/RDU resistor and used pin C.0 as you advised, but it didn't help. Also, I am connecting to pins before the resistors array (see black TRIG wire on pic1) which should be the same as C.0 per my understanding.
Please advise where I can find sample projects based on AXE118

SAborn

I removed RDP/RDU resistor and used pin C.0 as you advised, but it didn't help.
You did change your code to suit the hardware change to pin C.0 from C.2.

Also, I am connecting to pins before the resistors array (see black TRIG wire on pic1) which should be the same as C.0 per my understanding.
AS Technical said they are pull down resistors so they will always be in effect even when connecting before the resistor.

Robo_Maker

Go on this forum to view my robot!
[video]http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?28145-Obstacle-Escaping-Robot-Under-20![/video]