Have to share this vendor experience!

sbscott

I don't normally go on about a vendor experience but I thought the group might benefit.
I ordered DIY Oscilloscope Kit from Banggood.com . I had previously ordered and build their Freq Counter kit that worked as described. After building the scope kit, I powered it up and the screen lite up and all the buttons seemed to work but, alias, no trace. I wrote an email to Banggood customer service and they responded with several preliminary suggestions that they had obtained from the supplier, JYE Tech. I was initially irritated by this redirect but after posing my problem with their tech support, I got a person who walked me through testing this device and, after six or eight back/forth email sessions, we figured out what the problem was and bingo, I have a functioning scope!
Normally when I have ordered something from China that does not work, oh well. But, as stated, this was a positive and productive experience.

Beyond this, I have bought a large number of 'bits and pieces' from Banggood over the years and have saved a bunch. It might be worth while checking them out.

techElder

Don't you just love the names these Chinese companies choose? "Banggood" ... I always feel good when I bang something! ;)