GPS Navigation module

Gramps

This looks like a pretty cool device for less than 20 bucks!
Gramps

VK-162 G-Mouse USB GPS Dongle Navigation Module External GPS Antenna Remote Mount USB GPS Receiver for Raspberry Pi Support Google Earth Window Linux Geekstory https://a.co/d/8uWDrjU

papaof2

If you can dissect the GPS and find whether its output is serial to a serial-USB converter or the chip speaks USB.
Serial GPS can be talked to by a PICAXE.
I had that working on a 40x2 for a friend a number of years ago. Don't know if I kept a copy of the code or not. As long as the PICAXE is fast enough to handle the serial input and still do whatever processing is needed, you can find where you are in the world.

inglewoodpete

I had that working on a 40x2 for a friend a number of years ago. Don't know if I kept a copy of the code or not. As long as the PICAXE is fast enough to handle the serial input and still do whatever processing is needed, you can find where you are in the world.
The two GPS modules that I have used were both 9600 baud serial. They have both worked well with the GPS module connected to a 20X2 and 28X2, using the X2's background serial feature. I've never tried to use a GPS module with an M2 device and wouldn't recommend it - I think it would be hard work, if not impossible, to do all of the processing as a foreground task.

Flenser

If you can dissect the GPS and find whether its output is serial to a serial-USB converter or the chip speaks USB.
Gramps, there is no need to pull one of the one you found apart and trying to find if there is a serial output you can access.
GPS modules with a serial output that are intended to be used with a microcontroller are available on ebay from US$5.71 including delivery:

You need to get one that comes with the antenna and there are listings with both big and small antennas.
My understanding is that the bigger antennas are more sensitive, and so are better performing, and that people choose the smaller antennas to use with flight controllers for models where the lower weight is important.

I have one of the NEO6 models, although as I got mine from China on ebay I don't know whether it is a genuine NEO at this price, hut it reports my location correctly and changes as I move around.
The cheapest NEO listing in my search claims to be the newer NEO7 model:

erco

I just got a variety of self-contained GPS digital speedometers to try in my 1967 Corvair. Under $10 US and they work great!

papaof2

I must be ancient - I learned on a '53 Ford ;-)

I always thought the Corvair got a bad rap - but it was GM's fault for pushing it as "just another American car". People didn't have a problem with the VW Beetle's different handling but it was "an import" so they expected it to be "different". If you weren't knowledgeable of how front engine versus rear engine vehicles handled, you wouldn't have expected how the Corvair would handle on a curve or a slick road. Now we're again seeing front-wheel drive pickup trucks which were proven to not work well pulling loads uphill several decades ago.