GPS module for cheap!

NXTreme

There was a post a while back on the Lets Make Robots website that talked about how to get a GPS module and USB to TTL level serial chip for under $20 US dollars. I figured some people on this forum could benefit from the post as well. I did wait till I got my order in before posting this here, just so that, well, you know, I could "Give you specs on the module when I received it." :). At least, that's my excuse...

Anyways, it seems like a fairly decent thing for the price and since it comes with an USB to serial converter it might be worth checking out. Now, the name of the seller is "Closeouts Master" so I don't imagine they have a huge stock, especially at that price so get one while it lasts. Link here.

NXTreme

Your welcome! I just received my GPS about two weeks ago, but haven't had a chance to play with it, aside from testing it out with Google Earth to make sure it works. Good luck with your weather balloon project! I have wanted to launch a balloon myself, but haven't yet.

-EDIT- Should also mention that I found MS Streets & Trips 2008 with the same GPS for $1 US more. If you think you might use the maps, it's worth the extra $1 US.

Last edited: