Getting Started

mudgee73

Hi there,

I have just purchased my first PICAXE and would like to get started with some real basic projects. Can someone tell me where I can find some simple projects.
Thanks in advance.

eclectic

mudgee.

please re-post your query in the Main/Active Picaxe forum,
then you'll get loads of replies.

This Forum is for finished projects.

Welcome to Picaxes.

e

BeanieBots

Moved your thread to Active Forum area.
Have you looked at the exemplar projects that come with the PE?
What is your area of interest?
How "simple" do you want?

westaust55

the Exemplar Projects can be access from the Programming Editor as BB say.

To do this:
With the Program Editor running and a program window open,
From the toolbar select Help / Picaxe Catalogue.

A small window will pop up. At the bottom right of that window is a button labelled "Exemplar Projects".

Click that button and you see a list of projects.

What "size" PICAXE have you bought and which proto or starter baord do you have?

moxhamj

Have a look at the Help in the picaxe menu. Read through all the 3 files (you can skim read - this is just to get a feel for what the picaxe can do). Then try flashing a led. Then sample a pot and turn a led on when it gets to a certain value. Try sending the pot value back to the PC. Turn on a relay. Measure something like temperature.

If you can do all these things, then projects will appear out of nowhere! Eg, my car engine kept overheating. So I strapped a LM35 onto the radiator hose, send this into a 08M picaxe and turned on the relay for the radiator fan with a transistor relay circuit (as per the Help). A simple one hour project, but the first step is to play with the chips.

What sort of projects do you have in mind?