Forum Suggestion: Mobile Style for forum (@admins, switch it on!)

rs2845

Hello,

Whilst some users may or may not agree, I personally find the iOS app for Picaxe Forum horrendous. I genuinely think it should just be scrapped, it's not user friendly, looks awful and must be expensive to maintain. You can't even view an attached photo without pressing the post and then pressing the hyperlink. The app also doesn't work on iOS7. The list goes on...

I've noticed that the forum has a mobile style for the web-version of the forum which is selectable in the bottom-left of the desktop site. This is nice and fits on both iPhone 5 (the native app doesn't fit on the 5 currently, £££ to update it I'm guessing) and my ipad. Everything is supported on this and works cross platform. Hell you can even see images in posts and upload them directly through your mobile device!

Because this style is installed already, can the administrators please set this to automatically activate when a mobile device is trying to access the forum including iPad?

Below are the instructions:

You can set Default Style for your forum From Settings in AdminCp

1: Goto Admincp > Settings > Options
2: Look For " Style & Language Settings " (Double Click It)
3: Look For " Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers " & " Default Style for Old Mobile Browsers "
4: Choose the "Default Mobile Style"

*Note- it can be customised to the picaxe colours through the AdminCP too. You may also wish to change the logo as it currently shows Vbulletin's.

Jamster

I have to agree about the app being rather user unfriendly... I run android and have just given up with the app as it never refreshes the "newest" view (so I'm stuck looking at stuff from back 6 months ago) and I find it rather unfriendly in general :/

I hadn't noticed the mobile format of the website so I may use that in future :) Thank you :)