Find old version picaxe programing

lamxe

Hi All,,,
I like to keepsake a old version picaxe programming .If it possible please help me to know where I can to find for download. Thank you in advance.

lamxe

Hi nick12ab + Boriz
First sorry for my English not well and thank you for your reply. I like to collection it for keepsake only. and I have just PICAXE Programming Editor BAS805.
Could you help me find it.Because of all program in my computer is lost by accident when repair.
Kind regards
lamxe

Jamster

Calm down Nick, there's probably good reason...

Ok, so the BAS805 is the PICAXE Programming Editor and I'm pretty sure Nick's got a lot of the older versions; thus I would ask him nicely for the version you want. :)

(Sorry Nick if you're not the one with all the previous versions, I seem to remember you mentioning you have them)

Jamster

westaust55

But WHY? You don't get any benefit from it.
@ Nick, there are many folks out there who collect old "things".
I regret I did not keep my old Motorola MEK6800D2 kit when I see the prices they go for as computer "museum" collections.
See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Motorola-MEK6800D2-Microcomputer-w-Keyboard-Display-1976-w-Pwr-Supply-/151065569718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232c35a9b6

As just one reason, As I recall, the later versions of the Programming Editor do not support older versions of Windows.
So if you have an old PC or laptop with Win 95 or 98 you can still program older chips - we do not all throw out the 08M and 18X parts.

@Lamxe,
if you do not have a volunteer before Saturday (I will be home then) I have many old versions of the Programming Editor (back to about V5.0 from memory) and old versions of the manuals (back to about V5.2) for your "museum" collection. I can arrange to sent you copies as required in a couple of days time.

nick12ab

I don't disagree with collecting old hardware, but since the latest version of PICAXE Programming Editor will run on Windows 98/ME when extra software is installed, I wanted to know that he didn't want the old versions because he was unaware that the new versions will run on old versions of Windows.

boriz

No offense intended, but perhaps I can think of another reason to grab old versions. They might be less secure and more easily reverse engineered. Just sayin'

Armp

I regret I did not keep my old Motorola MEK6800D2 kit when I see the prices they go for as computer "museum" collections.
See: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Motorola-MEK6800D2-Microcomputer-w-Keyboard-Display-1976-w-Pwr-Supply-/151065569718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232c35a9b6
D*MN - I dumped mine only a couple of years ago, along with a Motorola MicroChroma Kit with TVBug.... Colo(u)r graphics on a TV set!

But I still have my Sinclair ZX81 with hand wired 16k RAM expansion. That, of course, is worth diddly :(

lamxe

Dear Westaust55.
First Thank you for you understand me .If without wasting much of your time please give me one (just one)older programming editor software (sorry I don't know call and remember the number) closest to the new Picaxe editor. BAS805. (is mean for programer Picaxe xx M . not M2). and I use Microsoft window XP Thank you in advance for your time.
lamxe

westaust55

Dear Westaust55.
First Thank you for you understand me .If without wasting much of your time please give me one (just one)older programming editor software (sorry I don't know call and remember the number) closest to the new Picaxe editor. BAS805. (is mean for programer Picaxe xx M . not M2). and I use Microsoft window XP Thank you in advance for your time.
lamxe
If you send me a personal message with your email address I will send you several files tomorrow (Sat my time)