Excitement and disappointment at Tech supplies.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Both parts are future products that should be in stock next week. Once in stock the datasheet will be uploaded.

westaust55

spelling

Spelt is an ancient wheat grain, I think you meant "spelled".. either way manners cost nothing ;)
I also use "Spelt".

If you do a dictionary.com search, yes it can be an ancient wheat grain, but reading a little further . . . it is also an alternative to "spelled".

spelt   /spelt/

–verb a pt. and pp. of spell

:
:
:

verb, spelled or spelt, spelling.
Guess it depends upn what part of the world you come from.

slimplynth

Ahhh I come from ye olde worlde... we all live in castles and go to work on horses. The hired help better hurry up with my fresh spelt bread or I'll be forced to give them a good old fashioned birching.:D

superworm

Really looking forward to this scope, I think it will be great!

Just thinking it's going to be much more expensive that when womai was selling it. I hope not, unfortunately I didn't discover it in time!

Do you think it will be expensive?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I have no knowledge of what price the PICAXE Oscilloscope (KIT120) will be though I would not expect it to be unreasonably priced.

superworm

I've found the specifications for this scope -

Hardware Performance:

* Two independent input channels
* Sample rate up to 1 MSample/sec (good enough for signals up to approx. 150 kHz)
* Analog bandwidth approx. 400 kHz
* Input impedance > 100 kOhm
* Sensitivity from 20mV/div to 1V/div (20 vertical divisions).
* Vertical offset 0 - 20 divisions (except for 0 - 12 divisions in 1V/div range)
* Record length 256 samples per channel
* Trigger on CH1 (rising or falling edge, selectable) or autotrigger
* Connects to PC through serial port (RS-232) or USB
* Power supply from a generic wall-wart type supply (9 - 15 V DC)
* Compact and lightweight (about the size of a DVD box)

PC-based Scope Software:

* Runs on Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista
* Fully graphical interface.
* All settings (timebase, vertical resolution, trigger) are controlled from the PC.
* Screen update rate up to 7 frames/sec (mostly limited by scope hardware; will improve with future

versions of the hardware)

* Real-time Fourier transform (frequency spectrum display)
* Real-time averaging
* Waveform measurements using cursors
* Waveform export to Excel etc. (.CSV file format)

I understand the majority of this, but have one question - if the sample rate is 1MSample/s and the record length is 256 per channel does this mean if you ran it for a second it would only record 256 of the possible 1 million samples?

Sorry I don't fully understand what record length is, can anyone clear this up! Bet I'm being a complete idiot!