ERF module wizard

skatt

I am using the ERF wizard to change the baud rate to 2400. I managed after several attempts to do one module,but when I plugged the second ERF module in,(keeping the exact same settings) I keep getting the message: Starting ERF configuration... trying 9600 baud.... Entering command mode. Failed to enter command mode. Unable to communicate with ERF module. I am using a serial cable,so not sure if its a voltage issue.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I keep getting the message: Starting ERF configuration... trying 9600 baud.... Entering command mode. Failed to enter command mode. Unable to communicate with ERF module.
This sounds like the ERF configuration program has been set to try only 9600 baud and the ERF module is not currently at 9600; it cannot communicate at 9600 and then gives up.

Make sure the "Current baud rate of module" is set to "Unknown" in the ERF Configuration Wizard when generating the program.

skatt

Thanks for the quick reply Hippy. Tried that earlier but it just got into a loop of running through the different bauds.
Worked now. Thanks.

John West

About the only thing worse than having a fix inexplicably work that didn't work before, is having something fix the problem that should have absolutely nothing to do with it.