E-mail notifications on the forum

Janne

Hello,

I don't know if it's just me, but the e-mail notifications don't seem to work. For example, i just logged in, and figurered out i had a couple of pm's in the inbox, but i never received any notification of them, even though i have the "notify me" box checked in my user cp.

Any thoughts?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
This seems to be an ISP problem where they reject the email notifications without passing them on.

Janne

Thanks for the reply. I'll change to a different e-mail adress, and see what happens.

edit: new activation message came through, with the old e-mail i missed the activation mail too. works like a treat :)

Last edited:

stocky6409

as posted once before - its to do with spam filtering.
There is something to do with some ISP/web host spam filters who reject mail because the sending "domain" contained in the email header does not exist or is incorrect and the SPAM filter is unable to contact the sending server - hence it is rejected.

My host is one of them - adding to whitelists etc does NOT fix this type of reject - I know - I've tried. :-(

I've just had to learn to live without the notifications.

chigley

While we're on the subject of email addresses...

I no longer have access to the registered email address on this forum account. The only alternative I have is my @gmail.com email address, but these are blocked on the forum to prevent spammers. I really need mine manually changing to my Gmail address (I'm not a spammer :p), have emailed the admin three times using the "Contact Us" link, and still no response.

Any ideas how to go about getting it changed?

(Sorry to thread hijack but didn't think it was worthwhile making a new one for something so simple!)

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
@ chigley : PM me with your gmail address and I will see about getting it updated. Include a temporary password which I will set and you should change when you next login. That way you won't lose forum access if anything goes go wrong.