Detecting F1 key

Ralph Cameron

I want to initiate an action upon detection of the F1 Key which is in IBM keyboard scan code is decimal (00,59) or its hex equivalent. Can this be done with an "if--then" statement?

I have a digital clock running ( no mean feat with the example in the DS 1307 "manual". ) and want to jump to another program which will generate some audio effects.

This is an offshoot from a class project of radio amateurs who are learning the fundamentals of Picaxe applications.

Any help or direction will sure to keep me busy but much appreciated.
Thanks

manuka

I'm confused -is this for a full PC running normal software, or just a standalone PC keyboard? Does it have to be F1 (normally HELP of course). Are you up with 18X keyboard KEYIN KEYVALUE etc reading commands? See a simple serial keyboard schematic that went with a Dec 2003 SiChip article =>www.picaxe.orcon.net.nz/keyb18xa.gif Stan ZL2APS

Ralph Cameron

F1 key

This is a Picaxe 28x1 using a standalone keyboard. The next session of our class covers keyboard commands so I'll withdraw the question. It could be any key or combinations of keys but I chose F1 to keep it simple.

When I get it all up and running I'll post it.

Thanks

eclectic

@Ralph
Just in case, this might help

Code:
; kbin 12 03 09
; On my k/b it's $5.  Yours may differ
; see manual 2 p.96-99
;

#picaxe 28x1
main:
kbin [1000,main],b1 'wait for new signal