DesignSpark PCB Link not working.

PhilHornby

I've never tried DesignSpark PCB, but the last working archive of that site (Don't you love the WayBack Machine) seems to have been at the back-end of 2012‼)

This archive takes you to a working page that lets you download "Designspark PCB V4". The installer runs, but I hit "cancel", so I don't know what the ultimate result is. Ominously, the web page has an "Activate DESIGNSPARK PCB" option, which doesn't work :(

Unless you have some particular reason to coax this vintage software into life, perhaps try: Diptrace which is also free for personal use.

radiosparks

Thanks, Just lookin' about for FREE software to draw schematics. Not to use old stuff. Currently I use Adobe Illustrator, which can be a pain-in-the...

papaof2

The free Diptrace for personal use allows up to 500 points on a schematic (link to that is somewhere on this site).
I did a double-sided board using a 40X2, a floating point math chip and a half dozen smaller chips within the limits of that version of Diptrace.

Technoman

Kicad could be an option ; a free full featured open source software. Check on the forum with kicad as a keyword.

lbenson

Just lookin' about for FREE software to draw schematics.
I'm finding EasyEDA more than adequate. Much more intuitive than, say, Eagle (and other schematic and pcb software I've tried). There's a large library, but its search engine could be improved--it can't find "Somepart" if it's actually labelled "Somepart_TH").

steliosm

I have been using Fritzing for the last 4 years along with JLCPcb with great success for SMD boards.
@Technical is Rev-Ed going to update the Picaxe library for Fritzing?