CHI030 and Tenda Audio Module issues

Pat13

Hello all, I am a bit perplexed and I am hoping someone may have an answer.

I have used the Tenda/MDFly Audio modules paired with Pixcaxe with great results (my Youtube channel, DeadThingsYardhaunt, has vids of my props that use the picaxe/MDFly combo). The MDFlys are usually installed in purpose built pcbs, which will also include the ic socket for whichever particular Picaxe chip is being used (18M2+, 14M2, 08M2). I utilise the MDFly's RX and Busy pins (pins 15 and 13, respectively) to select the mp3 and then to monitor the Busy pin (low active) to notify the picaxe when the mp3 has finished. There is usually a direct connection between the picaxe and the MDFly, with no resistors between the two.

In this project, I want to use a CHI030 project board to control the MDFly, using B.7 to send the command to the MDFly RX while pinC.5 monitors the Busy pin . The MDFly is in a purpose built pcb. I am using jumper wires to connect the two boards.

The problem I am encountering is when I connect the jumper wire from the CHI030 to the Busy pin, the Busy LED lights up, which it definitely should not. It does not seem to matter which pin on the CHI030 is connected, the Busy pin lights up. I have ensured that the module is functioning properly. Both boards utilise the same 10 VDC, .70Amp Wall Wart, (actual metered voltage is 13.5VDC) and grounds are connected, of course.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Have you connected B.7 to the digital output (between chips, correct) or the buffered output (right hand side, incorrect)?

1968neil

try disconnecting the input pin to the ULN2803 because of the internal clamping diode in the 2803 may affect the logic ?
The busy line goes High when not in use and low when busy so id tie that line to 5v with a 10k resistor to be sure.

Regards
Neil