Change the size of letters

Gildardo

Hi there,

I am printing through a Thermal Receipt Printer, and I want to change the size for the letters(bigger) and make them bold (darker)

Currently this is the command that I use to print “Hello”

serout 0,N4800,("Hello",13,10)

serout 0,N4800,("",13,10)

can you please suggest to me the commands to make the trick?

Thanks in advance

leftyretro

Hi there,

I am printing through a Thermal Receipt Printer, and I want to change the size for the letters(bigger) and make them bold (darker)

Currently this is the command that I use to print “Hello”

serout 0,N4800,("Hello",13,10)

serout 0,N4800,("",13,10)

can you please suggest to me the commands to make the trick?

Thanks in advance
That can only be done, if possible at all, by sending control characters sequence commands that your specific thermal printer understands. You will to find a technical manual for your printer that should provide information on what printing commands it has and what codes activate them.

westaust55

Change the size of letters on a printer

The PICAXE does not send font pixel data to any display/printer.
The PICAXE only sends the ASCII code which is recognised by the display/printer.
It is the LCD display or printer that holds the data internally for determining whihc pixels/dots to set to present a letter to the viewer/reader.

If the printer has multiple inbuilt fonts or commands to print wide or high letters (I had an old dot-matrix that could do that) then something may be possible.

You will need to give us a link to the printer manuals before we can give any better information