Cellphone triggers touch-input.

While working on a project with the new 18m2 I went to make some coffee leaving my cellphone on the table beside the project(Silent mode). Then i suddenly hear happy birtday start playing and runs back to see whats going on.Then i see that my mother in law is trying to call me. After a quick chat i tried it several times and had great fun triggering the touch inputs with a cellphone.

Guess there is someone here that can make good use of this feature.

John West

Interesting. Apparently the capacitive input plates are picking up enough RF from the cellphone to trigger the function. High impedance touch inputs are susceptible to such things.

Perhaps I could configure the input as a real antenna with a tuned circuit on it and use one of my RF xmitters to "talk" to it directly - sans receiver. 1/4 wave antenna - LC tuned circuit - rectifier - capacitor - resistor. Hmmmmmmmm........................

Last edited:

manuka

Then i see that my mother in law is trying to call me.
That sounds more like a feature than a bug - consider enhancing the PICAXE triggering for assorted in law alerts!

That sounds more like a feature than a bug - consider enhancing the PICAXE triggering for assorted in law alerts!
Who said it was a bug? ;)
I`m thinking this might replace my remote startup for pc using a 08m and a ldr. Just build the touch input inside the computer and just put the cellphone on top or nearby.