Casio Pocket Viewers pinouts?

Haku

Does anyone have a Casio Pocket Viewer PV-S260 or PV-S460 with docking cradle?

I need the serial pinout of the PV-S460, something someone with a docking unit, screwdriver & multimeter could find out. I got a unit recently but without the serial docking cradle so I can't upload the PVterminal program to it to use as a screen for Picaxe work.

I also got a PV-S250 which runs PVterminal just great, but it has a different IO socket to the PV-S260 & PV-S460 :(
Out of curiosity I tested just hooking up GND + TX + RX pins instead of the full 9-way plug and discovered you also need the flow control pins to upload PV programs to the unit.

Haku

Thanks for the reply, manuka, unfortunately the PV-S450 shares the same connection plug as the PV-S250.

I'll probably end up getting another PV-S460 or a PV-S260 with docking cradle so I can use the PV-S460 I have - besides, a friend of mine is interested in getting one or two PV units because it means he can do a terminal display without having to use a PC running (the annoyance that's) Hyperterminal.

Haku

At the weekend I did some continuity testing of the dead PV-S460 I have (still really bummed I accidentally killed it) between the connection port and the MAX3243 serial chip.
Today at work (my home iron can't do SMD work) I soldered some wires onto the breakout solder pads of the connection port of the working PV-S460 I have.
Tonight at home I soldered some wires onto a 9-way D plug and then hooked all the wires from the PV-S460 and the 9-way into a breadboard, then armed with a bit of knowledge from the net (serial port pinout/direction, and MAX3243 pinout) I set to work guessing what wire connects to what wire.

Long story short, I figured out what wires were needed to upload the PVterminal program to the PV-S460 :D

I'll do a followup post later with a pinout diagram.

Mycroft2152

Nice piece of deductive work!

Old PDA's are really handy as a separate display. If you have, or can find an old Handspring Visor, it can be directly connected to a PICAXE since the it uses TTL level signals rather than RS-232.

Myc