Bumper assembly (Nuts and Bolts combination)

pkf

Hi, is there a recommended number of nuts and bolts that we should attach from the bumper assembly to the motherboard ?
I asked because I tried with 2 nuts and 2 bolts (1 set of but and bolt near to each bumper board) and it appears 'ok' at the moment. From the number of points available, it seem I can attach up to 6 nuts and 6 bolts but is this an overkill ?

westaust55

Ideally, you should identify what project your question related to.

Since you have been asking questions in other threads, I take it that you mean the bumper for the BOT120.

From the BOT120 manual, at page 13 it states
Insert the three nuts into the connecting bric
Therefore I believe there should be 3 nuts and 3 bolts to secure the bumper "brics" at each side.
This also aligns with the images with a red (positive), a black ( ground/0V) and centre position (signal).

Since further down the same page it states:
Note that the two tiny chip resistors on the switch circuit board and the bumper plastic rails are all on the top side. Note also the positioning of the red colour coded contacts.
Further the diagrams at Appendix 2 for the motherboard shows the same 3 connections.

FInally Appendix 3 for the sensor schematics show LDRA and LDRB as two resistors forming a potential divider. Hence it will be necessary to use all three bolts (and nuts) to complete the circuit conenctions.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
All 3 nuts and bolts need to be used to ensure full electrical connection between the motherboard and the attached board.