Blog link gone...

Jamster

Hey all,

As the title suggests the link in the top bar seems to have disappeared (the one between "Forum" and "What's new?")

If this link isn't coming back is there another way of getting to the blogs, short of typing in the link in the address bar?

Guessing this is just another forum glitch,
Jamster

nick12ab

Speaking of What's New, do we really need two links for the same thing - the New Posts link directly below the What's New link does exactly the same thing. When the Blogs link comes back, the Buy Now link will get hidden under the search bar on lower resolution screens.

O.T. That horizontal scroll bar when using the forum on a screen with a horizontal resolution of 1024 is back.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Blog button is now back, due to tweaks to the vBulletin interface there are slight appearance differences.
To answer Niick, what's new tab is actually also a main menu choice - it has a new sub menu options under it such as activity (lists all changes in forum/blogs) etc. So all the various 'what's new' options are deliberately listed together on this sub menu.

nick12ab

To answer Niick, what's new tab is actually also a main menu choice - it has a new sub menu options under it such as activity (lists all changes in forum/blogs etc).
So all the various 'what's new' options are listed together on this sub menu.
And now the horizontal scrollbar issue is back and worse than ever - but only in Firefox.

The comparison image shows Chrome on the left screen and Firefox 12 on the right screen. Look at the big empty column indicated by the arrow on the right screen.

Upgrading to Firefox 13 made the column smaller but still there - and it also made the 'New Thread' and 'Reply to thread' buttons square-rectangular rather than the normal rounded rectangle.

Attachments

techElder

I don't get ANY menu function from anything along the top bar. They all act just like plain one-click links for me on FireFox 12 on my iMac.

... what's new tab is actually also a main menu choice - it has a new sub menu options under it such as activity (lists all changes in forum/blogs) etc. So all the various 'what's new' options are deliberately listed together on this sub menu.

nick12ab

I don't get ANY menu function from anything along the top bar. They all act just like plain one-click links for me on FireFox 12 on my iMac.
Clicking on the link generates a new posts search and this page has different links on the submenubar (the one currently with 'New Posts', 'Private Messages', 'FAQ'...)

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
They all act just like plain one-click links for me on FireFox 12 on my iMac.
That is correct. The menu is the second smaller row, under the tabs.

We'll play with the CSS to try and improve the margins on all the various browser types. Unfortuantely vBulletin tend to tweak the template behaviour on every upgrade....

nick12ab

Thanks for fixing the scroll bar issue, Technical.

Edit: No it's not fixed - the horizontal scroll bar only goes away if you use Adblock Plus to block that stupid advert for the mobile app that constantly appears at the top of the page. But at least there's now a manual workaround.