Biped

Denzel

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me with my biped project I have now entered it into a competition so thanks :)

BeanieBots

Please put a small write-up here and links to the competition would be nice.
Also, don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Denzel

--

Hey sorry for the late response (1 year eek)

I entered my biped in the ETITO bright sparks competition last year and came 1st in the 16 age group.
I went to Auckland and Christchurch to show off my project at the ETITO Brightsparks winners event.
I was also nominated for realise the dream, with which I got into.
I spent a week in weir house with other top "science" students which included dinner with the governer general at government house.

My project "Biped" is a simple bipedular robot that walks forwards in an arc until it senses an obstacle with its ultranonic pair. It then reverses at a different arc ( faster speed so feet slip more therefore tighter arc) and carries on on a different tangent.

I had fun working on this project and have learnt alot for future years. I have just entered this years project and am awaiting the results. It is a tank style robot with 3 servo robotic arm with a Claw, two way wireless audio, wireless video, laser guidance for the claw, gas, temperature and light sensors all controlled wirelessly from the Xbee modules (not the video or 2 way audio). I also have a visual basic programme i wrote to control it if you plug the xbee controller into the serial port which allows you to gt 'live' gas/temp readings and store them in a text file aswell as controlling the robot.

Attachments

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Well done and congratulations. Even the world's most complicated and so far most successful bipeds started near this level and some invariably did not work as well.