AxePad cannot compile PICACXE08, missing 08 exe compiler

noordwyk

I have a Vista setup that crashed frequently on USB with my Programming Editor.
Today I installed AXEpad. Looks Easy to use, but I cant download to an 08 chip.
Luckily I had an 08M to finish my project, but I would like to download the 08 compiler.
Please help, need to program a class set soon.

Attachments

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Sorry about that, it appears that the 08 compiler has escaped the install packaging process.

If you have downloaded the 5.2.2 Programming Editor I believe you should be able to copy the picaxe08.exe compiler from there to the path indicated in the error message.

ArnieW

I just installed the 5.2.2 programming editor update and I'm now getting a similar message.

From inside the Program Editor I click on the 'Program' button or press F5, a general Windows error (send to microsoft) comes up, and under the editor I get 'Error:53 File not found' in a dialog box. Once I clear this I get a further message: 'the following path is invalid: c:\program files\programming editor\compiler\axe28x1_0.exe'

I can verify that the file does exist on my system.

Before the update all worked ok.

I updated with the patch option. When this did not work I reinstalled the full version. The result was the same.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
@ ArnieW : After some testing I've partly managed to duplicate the error.

It looks like it only affects some programs, only when using 28X1/40X1 firmware A.0, and only when it comes to downloading. Clear Hardware Memory and Syntax Check should be okay.

We will resolve the issue for the next release / patch.

As a stop-gap, copying "picaxe28x1_0.exe" to "axe28x1_0.exe" should resolve the problem.

Last edited:

ArnieW

@ ArnieW : After some testing I've partly managed to duplicate the error.

It looks like it only affects some programs, only when using 28X1/40X1 firmware A.0, and only when it comes to downloading. Clear Hardware Memory and Syntax Check should be okay.

We will resolve the issue for the next release / patch.

As a stop-gap, copying "picaxe28x1_0.exe" to "axe28x1_0.exe" should resolve the problem.
thanks Hippy - the workaround was successful - I can now program ok.