AXE033 I2C Controller/Clock Board Circuit Diagram

hamtech

I have a project (DS1307 Clock/Temp Sensor/Humidity Sensor which requires a 4 line LCD and I wish to use I2C comms so means using an AXE033 . I am unable to buy either the clock/controller Board by itself (to use with my own LCDs) or with a 4 line display from the Picaxe shop. When I telephoned them I was told that I could get the circuit for the controller of AXE033 off the website and all I needed to buy was an AXE033-IC (replacement IC) to build my own.

When I looked on the website there is no circuit for the AXE033 only the aXE133 serial addon board. The chips have arrived and they are not as I first thought based on 18M2 but rather they are PIC 16F819 ics.
I contacted Tech Support who are unable/unwilling to give me a copy of the circuit but suggested I ask here.

As I previously built up an Axe033 I have tried to trace out the circuit of the LCD clock/controller. See attached AXE033-IC.jpgView attachment AXE033-IC.pdf

Has anyone traced the circuit of the axe033 who could check my attempt , as I don't want to blow up another of the PIC16f819s I bought from Rev Ed earlier in the week (nearly £5.00. each)

If you have the circuit of the axe033 I should be grateful for either a copy or confirmation mine agrees with yours.

Regards

Hamtech

nick12ab

Yes, al the connections on your diagram are correct.

The CLK and OUT header connections are missing from the diagram though they're generally not needed. CLK appears to use its internal pull-up so will be fine if left unconnected.

AXE033 Serial LCD IC pinout

hamtech

Yes, al the connections on your diagram are correct.

The CLK and OUT header connections are missing from the diagram though they're generally not needed. CLK appears to use its internal pull-up so will be fine if left unconnected.

AXE033 Serial LCD IC pinout

Nick, many thanks for your reply, i will have a look at the clk and out connections in case. they need a pull up/ down resistor. as you say i am not sure they are reqired. One of the key things is get the chip operating in I2c mode which on the original is done by making link 1.

Regards hamtech

hamtech

Hi Nick,

Added a resistor pull up for the CLK pin to operate in standard mode. Now works perfectly, both serial and I2C modes..

I will amend the drawing and post it on here for future reference. It does not of course include the clock element..

Thanks again for your help.

Hamtech

hamtech

Here is the circuit (working) of the axe033 minus the clock element. Can be used to make your own interface board for the axe033-IC replacement.AXE033-IC.jpg