AXE023 - 2 inputs?

kd5crs

You may be thinking, "Can he not read the data sheet where it says Input 3 is the one and only input on the AXE023 board?" I read it, but I just want to make absolutely sure...

My project requires forward/reverse/stop control of one motor, and two inputs. For those of you familiar with the AXE023: is there anyway to use the output I am not using to wire up an input? I know on the 08M some of the pins can be inputs or outputs, depending how you call them in the code.

Thanks.

EDIT: One of the inputs would be IR in, the other would be a contact switch.

Last edited:

tarzan

You can add another Picaxe to the mix and use serin on input3 to command the AXE023.

Last edited:

kd5crs

Indeed, but then I'd just build the whole circuit on the other board. :+D

I have need of 20ish identical window blind controllers, so I'm trying to go pre-made as much as possible. It looks like the Picaxe 18 dev board is my best bet, even though an 18 is way overkill.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Brian

benryves

An infrared signal will send a series of short (few ms) low pulses to an input pin. I suppose you could connect the switch and the IR demodulator to the same input pin; if the pin goes low for >5ms, treat it as a button press, otherwise treat it as part of an IR signal. You may need to manually decode the IR signal for this to work properly - hippy's site has sample code.