AXE020/28X2 - various sensor types - help please

Hi brothers. I m very beginner in microcontroller technology. I bought a picaxe starter pack of picaxe020. I got 28x2 instead of 28x1. Now i have some qustion about this. First of all can i use 28x2? What sorts of input divices i can use in digital inputs?

BeanieBots

Welcome to the forum.
The 28X2 can do everyhting that the 28X1 can do.
Have a read about "ReadADC" in manual 2 to get an idea about the required code for reading analogue inputs.
You will need to condition the voltage you want to read so that it falls between 0v and whatever your PICAXE supply voltage is (usually 5v).

how many sensors can i use.

Thanks for answeing bro. Can u tell me how many sensors can i use in 28x2? I got usonic, pir. Temp. Touch. Magnetic pole. Ldr and infrared sensors. Can i use all of this? Also are these all analog input divice? Plz let me know.

its hall effect sensor.

Sorry mate i dont have much idea about this sensors. Anyway how can i watch debug massage? Serout command does not show on computer. How can see on computer.

thanks for help. 1 more prob

Thank u so much bro. That command was worked. I need more help. Can u tell me why i failed to make pins B as input. As u know i have axe020 project board and pins B r interfacing ULN darlington ic. One more thing is, how come Analog inputs autometic getting ON when i set them inputs. Thanks

ir input

I m trying to put TSUS5400 INFRA LED to control BPW41N in respectively output B.1 and C.3. The LED giving pulse but ir sensor does not recieve. What can i do. Can u give me diagram for both plz.

Uln2303a darlington ic

I was trying to say that my project board is axe020. And port b is not taking input. Is that bcoz of that darlington ic?

same microcontroller

Actually, can i use both IR LED and IR SENSOR in same microcontroller? Coz when ever i put irin commant besides the irout command, the irout stops working.

westaust55

Actually, can i use both IR LED and IR SENSOR in same microcontroller? Coz when ever i put irin commant besides the irout command, the irout stops working.
The IRIN is a "blocking" command where it waits for data to be received before proceeding to the next command.

If you are thinking in terms of sending and receiving at the same instant then . . .
I believe this has been done using some rapid and cunning technique - try a search of the PICAXE forum on this matter.

Otherwise, in general, the PICAXE chip can only do one thing at a time so while sending an IR signal it cannot at the same received data or perform any other task.
Some PICAXE chips do permit a timeout parameter whereby if no data is received within a specified time frame the command stops waiting and the program branches to a specified label. Again see the PICAXE manual 2 or use the "BASIC Commands" link at the top of these forum pages to read more on this topic.

Note also, you have posted in the Sandbox area which is generally used for members to test ideas, etc.
For general questions forum members should post in the "Active Forum" area where more members look in general and you will likely receive more rapid resonses and from a greater number of other members.

thanks

Thank u so much mate. Actually am new here and i didnt know where to post. So can u give me a small remot diagram for that sensors. As i learnt i cant use both at one in same microcontroller. I want to recieve signal in main project from other remot divice. Thanks again.

any one plz help me

I got BPW41N IR SENSOR which i using on one of digital input pin. And i got TSUS5400 IR TRANSMITTER which i want to use in a remot to controll that sensor. Now i need a diagram for that IR LED. Can anyone make me a circut diagram which has at least 5 switch? Any suggetion will b appriciated. Thanks

westaust55

I got BPW41N IR SENSOR which i using on one of digital input pin. And i got TSUS5400 IR TRANSMITTER which i want to use in a remote to control that sensor. Now i need a diagram for that IR LED.
Can anyone make me a circuit diagram which has at least 5 switch? Any suggestion will b appreciated. Thanks
@Shah,
Now you have brought into the requirements 5 switches. It is like being drip fed - bit by bit with the requirements.
Can I respectfully suggest that you take a step back and consider what you need.
Then in plain English without abbreviations tell us exactly what you seek in total.

If you cannot do the schematic diagram yourself please at least try to draw a sketch even as a block diagram of what your project is to do plus write some words to describe in plain English how it is to function.
Finally provide a link to the datasheets for the parts you have purchased, or intend to purchase, so folks do not have to spend time searching before they can try to help you.
From you early post you have the Rev Ed AXE020 proto-typing/development board with a 28X2 fitted.

Goeytex

I got BPW41N IR SENSOR which i using on one of digital input pin. And i got TSUS5400 IR TRANSMITTER which i want to use in a remot to controll that sensor. Now i need a diagram for that IR LED. Can anyone make me a circut diagram which has at least 5 switch? Any suggetion will b appriciated. Thanks
Ditto to what Westaust said above.

Also I will add that the manuals are your best friends. There are 3 Picaxe manuals at your disposal. I suggest you refer to them regularly. Manual 1 gives Picaxe Pinouts and other hardware related information. Manual 2 explains Picaxe Basic Code. And Manual 3 shows how to interface devices to a Picaxe.

Manual 3 page 26 shows how to properly interface a switch to a Picaxe. So to add 5 switches you will need 5 such circuits.

@ westaust

Thank u so much mate for ur respectfull (!!!) Suggetion. And Am really sorry, i did not know that people cant ask more then one question in this foram. I am a beginner of electronics. And am trying to learn. My english is not so good aswell. U r guys good about electronics. So i thought u can make circuit easelly. Actually i wanted to make a robot which i cud controll with one remot controller. Like go forward, go back, stop etc. Thats why i need few buttons. I bought Ir sensor and ir led, i wanted to use this. Anyway i will sort it out. I will remember ur advices aswell. Thanks

westaust55

@Shah,
So it seems that you want 5 switches and an IR LED on one remote device which will be used to control a robot you are going to build.

What is the "other remove device"? Some people use a Sony IR remote from an old TV but do you want to build from scratch?
Are you going to use a PICAXE chip? We know you have a 28X2 for the main/receiving end but for remote?
If so then which one?
The switches can be connected with a pull-up or pull-down resistor with one switch per input so 6 IO will be needed - can be done with an 08M2 but better/easier for a beginner with a 14M2.
Or another method with uses just a single analog input and the READADC command to detect different voltage levels as set by the different switches - can be done with an 08M2 easily but code is a little bigger/complex.

What do you have or intend to buy - tell us what you wish to do so that folks have a clear idea and can better help you.

about new chip.

Many Thanks mate. I've already got some idea from ur this writings. Bcoz i didnt think that i will need another chip. I was thinking adjactly what u said in ur second option. I was thinking i can use an analog input by readadc command. Also i will need extra memory for the long commands. Actually i am really confused. Now i want to ask u a question, can I use 40x2 for slave chip? Coz i need more I/O pins for my LCD display. if yes then how can i make the development board for this. Or do i have to buy 40x2 development board? Now i will answer ur question. I knew about sony remot. But i bought the ir sensor and transmitter before i know. So mate forget everything i asked before. Just will u plz help me about this question above. And how to interface with main. Thanks

Lcd display datasheet

What did u mean by cousin? R Not u still brother? Anyway here is the datasheet url. http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/data/optos/PT16x2.pdf

MartinM57

Hi Shah

Thread title changed to something a bit more useful for you.

Although most people can probably understand what you are writing, proper English is preferred here...
u = you
bcoz = because
coz = because
R = are
ur = your
cud = could
plz = please
bro, mate, cousin - not really needed :)

russbow

I am sure many of us old timers ( OT ) feel uncomfortable with silly text speak in normal language, but I have got to own up to prolific use of similar abbreviations on the CW ham bands.

tnx - thanks,
wid - with
fer - for
OM - old man
wx - weather

plus of course the standard Q code.

I suppose as we were communicating with ( wid ) like minded people, it didn't feel strange. Wasn't long before the XYL cottoned on though.

So tnx fer ur time. Wx ere is FB. 73 om cul.