Another SetInt NOT solved

manie

I had the problem similar to a thread here where the 40x1 would not interrupt with the "NOT" inclusion. Fortunately, reading the thread also brought the answer. I downloaded PE V-5.2.7 and the problem was solved.

Setint NOT %00000000, %00111111

Above did not work with PE V 5.2.3. After downloading/installing PE V 5.2.7 it worked a treat ! The Picaxe = 28x1 with Firmware A.3
Just for info....

inglewoodpete

I'm glad that others have been able to benefit from my pain. Several hours of investigation went into it before the penny dropped....

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
We would always recommend downloading the latest Programming Editor if problems are encountered as the issue may have been resolved. That's likely to be our first advice anyway, simply so we're all using the same version when we do comparative testing to see if we can replicate the issue.

Most issues which may look like possible software or firmware bugs are tested by us to see if we can replicate the problem if they cannot be immediately solved.

inglewoodpete

The current 30+ MB update size puts a few people off. That's nearly 2 hours on a dialup. OK, we should keep up with the lastest release but there have been several updates in recent weeks, many of them seem to refer to the release of the new X2 devices.

Having said that, I've now added "Is the PE up-to-date?" to my checklist when a PICAXE does not behave as expected.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
We do appreciate the potential problems with the size of download and aim to include a smaller "patch" version when appropriate.

The problem comes when there are changes to a number of files. While it is possible to produce downloads as separate parts this ultimately causes major confusion with people ending up with mis-matched Programming Editor, compilers and documentation or having some things missing.

Options for dial-up users or those on slow or unreliable connections are to use an Internet Cafe or school / college connection to download and burn the BAS805.EXE to CD/DVD or to find a friend with a higher-speed connection or already with a copy of the latest Programming Editor.

manie

Peter: Thanks for your pains ! You were lucky in that you used two different laptops and so the issue became apparent. If using only one like I am then it will really mean slogging around on the forum to find the answer. Fortunately I have read part of your thread before for background info and in this case it actually helped, the reason why I scan seemingly "unrelated" threads as JUST MAYBE it will help me in future by having some "white noise" knowledge about a problem.... BUT ! and always a BUT !:eek:

My 28x1 also went to la-la land as you say after the Setint NOT... that got fixed with the new version of PE.... :) BUT, it still did not execute the interrupt properly (or so I thought). No info displayed on the LCD, WHY ?

Well, because I interrupted successfully on input 0 BUT,I never did the Hsersetup !!!!:eek::eek: So data received to display after the interrupt. Fixed now !