Advancedmicrocircuits delivery times

womai

This is a copy of my email to the Yahoo Picaxe group:

Four weeks ago I ordered several Picaxe 28X1 from Advancedmicrocircuits aka World Educational Servies. So far I haven't received them. What's worse, I tried to contact them by email but no resposne whatsoever. Messages to their email address in the Paypal receipt (masc1@...) bounces - not very professional. So I sent another email to information@advancedmicrocircuits.com (which is listed on their website), but again, no response.

I hope this posting will produce a better result, since they seem to monitor this group. My Paypal reference:

Transaction ID: 9T574124G27141708
Total: $67.10 USD

I have bought from them in the past and while communication was never their strong side, at least received what I ordered. I still hope my order arrives in the next few days, but if it doesn't and I don't hear from them either, I'll need to file a complaint with Paypal and dispute the charge to my credit card.

demonicpicaxeguy

thats nothing, i've recently(2 months) put in an order for some 16bit adc chips (with the only supplier in Australia that will sell them without a minimum order of 1000pcs, i was told there was a 8 week lead time, 9 weeks later the story is they needed them to fill a bigger order and it would be another 4 weeks! ... they did apollagise... when i had a few unkind words to the manager and reminded him of the many thousands of dollars i've spent ordering various parts through them, the 4 weeks changed to 2, i have since reminded them that even TNT ONFC (overnight first class) can do better than two weeks to the other side of the world, i'm since waiting for a response

luckily you probably have other suppliers of picaxe's and i suggest if your unhappy with the one you've used it may be prudent to spend the time and energy going somwhere else instead of having a rant on a public forum

womai

Actually, my post is less intended as a rant as rather a method to get in touch with the vendor, since they don't seem to answer their emails.

womai

Just got an email from Andrew of Adv.MicroC. saying they did ship the order a while ago and it must have gotten lost somewhere along the way. But they will send me a replacement. Glad that's moving now.