450kHz Infra Red programming

jan h

Hallo Folks,

It toke a long time to organize life and a private website to publish the in's and out's about programming a picaxe via an IR LINK. The succes was there but to publish the information was more difficult then fixing the technical problem itself.

So if you still interested in the final solution check my website ( Oh I am SO proud)

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/sagittaris check PART 1 on picaxe project page

In the near future the IR wireless will be changed to RF wireless and I think that the knowledge gained in this project will be very usefull for the development of the RF wireless version. If there are questions I will check the forum every week.

nzdragme

Hey that's a great idea! Excellent work. You have good reason to be proud....I would be too!
Looking forward to seeing/reading more.

moxhamj

Very impressive. Any chance you could put an entry in one of the "completed projects" section of the forum?

jan h

450 kHz IR programming

Well as far as I can check the adres of my website is correct, but at this moment my provider is combining its internet activity with two other providers so last week it was a horror. But now it seems to be alright so please try again to contact my site agian.

Your reactions give me a good feeling to write the final PART 2. However I have to bring the system to live agian to check some items and now the unthinkable. I lend my computer to my friend who runs a official certified Fight simulator, a Beech 200 King Air ( www.flightware.nl) and it serves as the left visual channel computer. I urge him to build the replacement so without any problems I expect to have my computer back next week.
At the end of next week I hope to have the complete story on my website. For now have a nice weekend and again thanks for your reactions.

jan h

Infra Red LINK for programming Picaxes " wireless

Gentlemen,

At last the documentation fase is now completed. The discription of a n IR " wireless" LINK for programming a Picaxe is now available on http//:home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/sagittaris

You can read all in's and out's of the project. As mentioned earlier this project will be in the future superseeded by the real RF wireless because the IR LINK needs a close physical tracking between transmitter and receiver. This IR LINK would be used for programming several Picaxe's installed on my ROBO platform( see my site). This tracking will complicate Robo's motion software so I decided to move to RF wireless to avoid this.

I hope that the explanations of the why's and the who's will be sufficient. I will check this forum to see if any assistance can be given. I'm not the youngest (58) in my youth this kind of complex technology was beyong thinking. 45 years later you can achieve technology with the Picaxe's beyond your imagination. Oh, I like it. Only your fantasy is the limit.