40X2 with LCD

duncanw

Hi, I have just started using picaxe and im trying to get my head around a few things.. currently im using a 40X2 to interface a wavecom GSM modem to a set of inputs and outputs as part of a system monitor. all the code seems to run well and I will post the code when i have cleaned it up :) . as an added extra i want to interface an LCD display to show status messages, I have copied the code from the instruction manual however it errors due to the use of pins = .
From what i can understand that command is used to set specific pins as outputs.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to rewrite this to work with a 40X2 ?

Regards

Duncan

westaust55

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

For someone to better help you without crystal balls, can you indicate the details of the LCD.

Serial or parallel interface?
If parallel are you using 4 or 8 bit mode?
Maybe a link to the datasheet for your specific LCD.

Post your existing code so that we can guide you rather than give you an entirely new piece of code.

jyb

lcd display with 40x2

hello duncan

i recently done a program with a 40x2picaxe and a lcd display 2lines 40characters from omron manufacturer
it is on 8bit parallel bus
if this fits you, contact me on my mail and i give you circuit and progr source listing

jyb the frenchie